- spatial analysis
- spatial and temporal ecology of disease
- environmental monitoring and management
- Health applications in GIS
- Geovisualization and visual analytics
- Ph.D., Imperial College, UK
Rosemary Alles (MGIS in progress) The use of GPS driven interactive GIS applications in the conservation of elephants.
Loren Pfau (MGIS in progress). Sources and Uses of Geospatial Information in Wilderness Search and Rescue.
Mark Aurit (MGIS '12). Winter Strawberry Production in West Central Florida, at what cost? A GIS Analysis of the relationship between groundwater pumping for frost-freeze protection and sinkhole development.
Linda Foster (MGIS '11). Improving Cadastre: Development of a Workflow Prototype Utilizing ESRI’s Parcel Fabric.
- GEOG 586 (Geographic Information Analysis)
- GEOG 583 (Geospatial Systems Design and Analysis)
- Blanford, J.I., Blanford, S., Paaijmans, K., Schreiber, K., Crane, R., Mann, M., Thomas, M.B. (2013) Implications of temperature variation for malaria parasite development across Africa. Scientific Reports.
- Aurit, M., Peterson, R.O., Blanford J.I. (2013) A GIS analysis of the relationship between sinkholes, dry-well complaints and groundwater pumping for frost-freeze protection of winter strawberry production in Florida. PLoSOne 8(1): e53832.
- Blanford, J.I., Kumar, S., Wei, L. and MacEachren, A.M. (2012) It’s a long, long walk: accessibility to hospitals, maternity and integrated health centers in Niger. International Journal of Health Geographics
- Robinson, A.C., Roth, R.E., Blanford, J.I., Pezanowski, S., and A.M. MacEachren. (2012) Developing map symbol standards through an iterative collaboration process. Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design. 39(6):1034-1048.
- Bianchetti, R. A., Wallgrün, J. O., Yang, J., Blanford, J. I., Robinson, A. C., & Klippel, A. (2012). Free classification of Canadian and American emergency management map symbol standards. The Cartographic Journal.49(4):350-360
- Tomaszewski, B., Blanford, J.I., Ross, K., Pezanowski, S. & MacEachren A.M. (2011) Supporting Geographically-aware Web Document Foraging and Sensemaking. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems.35:192-207.
- Roth, RE, Finch, BG., Blanford J.I., Klippel, A., Robinson, AC and MacEachren, AM (2011) Card sorting for cartographic research and practice. Cartography and Geographic Information Science. 38(2).
- Paaijmans, K.P., Blanford, S., Bell, A.S., Blanford, J.I., Read, A.F. & Thomas, M.B. (2010). Influence of climate on malaria transmission depends on daily temperature variation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 107,15135–15139.
- Klass, J.I., Blanford S., & Thomas M.B. (2007) Development of a model for evaluating the effects of environmental temperature and thermal behaviour on biological control of locusts and grasshoppers using pathogens Agricultural and Forest Entomology 9(3): 189-199.
- Klass, J.I., Blanford S., & Thomas M.B. (2007) Use of a geographic information system to explore spatial variation in pathogen virulence and the implications for biological control of locusts and grasshoppers. Agricultural and Forest Entomology 9(3): 201-208.